- Ready to change the (Princeton Alumni) world?
- Have great ideas for what you’d like your Regional Alumni Organization to be doing?
- Want to plan fun events and build bonds among the greater Tiger Alumni community in Southern California?
We’d love to have your vision and energy help bring all of our area alumni closer together.
Consider joining the Board of the Princeton Club of Southern California! We are holding our biennial elections for 4 Officers and 5 Board Member at-large seats for the 2022-2023 term.
As an active PCSC Member* you are eligible to run for one of 9 available board member positions. All officer positions are open!
ELECTION DETAILS & CANDIDACY RULES.
Below is an election timeline, as well as important instructions for submitting your candidacy. For full descriptions of each position and required responsibilities, please see Section 5 “Officers” of the PCSC Bylaws here: https://bit.ly/2LctisP.
Once you’ve reviewed the information below, please head to https://bit.ly/3AqAeuT to submit your candidacy application by 10/22/21.
PCSC Candidate Form Submission Deadline: FRIDAY 10/22/21
PCSC Ballots sent out: MONDAY 11/08/21
PCSC Voting: TUESDAY 11/09/21 - TUESDAY 11/23/21
Board Term: January 2022 - December 2023.
Why PCSC wants you to run for the Board of Directors:
- You are already part of the larger Southern California Princeton community
- You are interested in the future of PCSC (membership, events, scholarships, etc.)
- You have ideas for ways PCSC can be more involved in the local community and the larger Princeton University alumni community
To review the PCSC's recently revised ByLaws please go to: https://bit.ly/2LctisP
If you have any questions please email: [email protected]
PCSC BOARD & OFFICER ELECTIONS - CANDIDACY APPLICATION PROCESS
PCSC BOARD ELECTION TIMELINE
- Candidate application deadline: Fri 10/22, 11:59 pm PST
- PCSC creates Election Ballot: Sat 10/23
- PCSC Board Election Ballot sent to digital mailing list: Mon 11/08
- Electronic voting opens: Tue 11/09, 12:00 am PST
- Electronic voting closes: Tue 11/23, 11:59 pm PST
BOARD MEMBER TERM OF OFFICE:
All incoming Board members will serve for a 2-year term beginning January 1, 2022 and ending December 31, 2023.
AVAILABLE POSITIONS: (9 total)
- Vice President
- At-Large Board Member #1
- At-Large Board Member #2
- At-Large Board Member #3
- At-Large Board Member #4
- At-Large Board Member #5
The 5 at-large candidates with the most votes shall be the at-large Board Members.
For full descriptions of each position and required responsibilities, please see Section 5 “Officers” of the PCSC Bylaws here: https://bit.ly/2LctisP. More information about Committees and Committee Chairs will be discussed by the newly elected board and distributed in early 2022. Any questions, please email [email protected]
BOARD MEMBER CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
To be eligible to be placed on the ballot, candidates must be:
- Princeton University alumni (undergraduate or graduate), no current students;
- A PCSC Paid Member (check your membership status here: http://www.princetonsocal.org/
my-account/, or email [email protected])
- Currently residing in one of the following Southern California counties: Inyo, Kings, Kern, Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Tulare - with no plans to move out of the District during the term of office*; and
- Ready, willing, and able to faithfully fulfill the duties of a PCSC Board Member. For full descriptions of each position and required responsibilities, please see Section 5 “Officers” of the PCSC Bylaws here: https://bit.ly/2LctisP.
*We recognize that relocation during these uncertain times is a possibility, however, ideally you will not be outside the Southern California area during the 2022 - 2023 calendar years. We hope to return to in-person events and Board meetings (as per University Guidelines as well as state, federal, CDC regulations).
CANDIDACY NOMINATION RULES:
- A candidate may only seek one available Board position (officer or at-large): if multiple submissions for the same individual are received, the first submitted application/position will be the one for which the candidate’s name will be placed on the ballot.
- A candidate will run for the Board seat (officer or at-large) with a role they most want to fulfill: a candidate may only run for one Board position.
- A candidate will complete and submit the PCSC Board Election Candidacy Application by 10/22/21 including:
- A statement explaining why the candidate is running for office on the PCSC Board and what vision you have for PCSC going forward
- While the Nominations Committee reserves the right to edit a candidate’s statement to omit inappropriate language, the candidate’s statement will not otherwise be altered before it is included on the ballot: so proofread it carefully.
Candidates are encouraged, but not required, to submit a CV to [email protected]. The CVs will remain confidential with the Nominations Committee.
Once the application deadline has passed, all qualified candidates will be placed upon the PCSC ballot. Please note that, under the office for which they are running, candidates will be listed on the ballot in randomized order.
For further questions about the Board Elections or related issues, please email [email protected] and all contacts will be directed to the Nominations Committee