Consider joining the Board of the Princeton Club of Southern California!
- Ready to change the (Princeton Alumni) world?
- Have great ideas for what you’d like your Regional Alumni Organization to be doing?
- Want to plan fun events and build bonds among the greater Tiger Alumni community in Southern California?
We’d love to have your vision and energy help bring all of our area alumni closer together.
We are holding our biennial elections for 4 Officers and 5 Board Member at-large seats for the 2024-2025 term. All officer positions are open!
As an active dues-paying PCSC Member you are eligible to run for one of 9 available board member positions. If you're not a member, sign up now at http://www.princetonsocal.org/membership/ and submit your annual dues, or if you want to check your membership status please email [email protected].
Below is an election timeline, as well as important instructions for submitting your candidacy. For full descriptions of each position and required responsibilities, please see Section 5 “Officers” of the PCSC Bylaws here. If you have any questions, please reach out to PCSC Nominations Committee Chair, Tony Sain '93.
- PCSC Candidate Form Submission Deadline: Sunday, 10/01/23 11:59 pm PST
- PCSC Electronic Ballots sent out: Sunday, 10/15/23, 6:00 am PST
- PCSC Electronic Ballots closed: Monday, 11/13/23 11:59 pm PST
- PCSC Voting In-Person: Tuesday, 11/14/23 5:30pm - 8:30 pm PST
- Board Term: January 1, 2024 - December 31, 2025
Why PCSC wants you to run for the Board of Directors:
- You are already part of the larger Southern California Princeton community
- You are interested in the future of PCSC (membership, events, scholarships, etc.)
- You have ideas for ways PCSC can be more involved in the local community and the larger Princeton University alumni community
Any questions, please email PCSC Nominations Committee Chair, Tony Sain '93.
ELECTION DETAILS & CANDIDACY RULES.
PCSC BOARD & OFFICER ELECTIONS - CANDIDACY APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Candidate application deadline: Sun 10/1, 11:59 pm PST
- PCSC Nominations Committee creates digital PCSC Election Ballot: Mon 10/2 - Sat 10/14
- PCSC Board sends Election Ballot to TigerNet distribution list: Sun 10/15, 6:00 am PST
- Electronic voting opens: Sun 10/15, 12:00 am PST
- Electronic voting closes: Mon 11/13, 11:59 pm PST
- In-person voting at West Hollywood location: Tue 11/14, 5:30 - 8:30 pm PST
BOARD MEMBER TERM OF OFFICE:
All incoming Board members will serve for a 2-year term beginning January 1, 2024 and ending December 31, 2025.
AVAILABLE POSITIONS: (9 total)
- Vice President
- At-Large Board Member #1
- At-Large Board Member #2
- At-Large Board Member #3
- At-Large Board Member #4
- At-Large Board Member #5
The 5 at-large candidates with the most votes shall be the at-large Board Members.
For full descriptions of each position and required responsibilities, please see Section 5 “Officers” of the PCSC Bylaws here. More information about Committees and Committee Chairs will be discussed by the newly elected board and distributed in early 2024.
BOARD MEMBER CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
To be eligible to be placed on the ballot, candidates must be:
- Princeton University alumni (undergraduate or graduate), no current students;
- A PCSC Paid Member (check your membership status here: http://www.princetonsocal.org/my-account/, or email [email protected])
- Currently residing in one of the following Southern California counties: Inyo, Kings, Kern, Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Tulare - with no plans to move out of the District during the term of office*; and
- Ready, willing, and able to faithfully fulfill the duties of a PCSC Board Member. Full descriptions of each position and required responsibilities, in Section 5 “Officers” of the PCSC Bylaws.
*We recognize that relocation during a 2-year term is a possibility, however, ideally you will not be outside the Southern California area during the 2024 - 2025 calendar years.
CANDIDACY NOMINATION RULES:
- A candidate may only seek one available Board position (officer or at-large): if multiple submissions for the same individual are received, the first submitted application/position will be the one for which the candidate’s name will be placed on the ballot.
- A candidate will run for the Board seat (officer or at-large) with a role they most want to fulfill: a candidate may only run for one Board position.
- A candidate will complete and submit the PCSC Board Election Candidacy Application by 10/01/23 including:
- A statement explaining why you are running for a position on the PCSC Board and what vision you have for PCSC going forward.
- While the Nominations Committee reserves the right to edit a candidate’s statement to omit inappropriate language, the candidate’s statement will not otherwise be altered before it is included on the ballot: so proofread carefully.
- Candidates are encouraged, but not required, to submit a CV to PCSC Nominations Committee Chair, Tony Sain '93. The CVs will remain confidential with the Nominations Committee.
Once the application deadline has passed, all qualified candidates will be placed upon the PCSC ballot. Please note that, under the office for which they are running, candidates will be listed on the ballot in randomized order.
For further questions about the Board Elections or related issues, please email PCSC Nominations Committee Chair, Tony Sain '93.